Recovery Café Longmont 2022 impact report:
- 1,881 total guests (124% increase over 2021)
- 264 unique members (38% increase over 2021)
- 72 members enrolled (47% increase over 2021)
- 173 Recovery Circles (27% increase over 2021)
- 3,720 nutritious meals served (77% increase over 2021)
- 160 School for Recovery classes (93% increase over 2021)
- Total volunteer hours: 2,667 (37% increase over 2021)
Café peer support specialists launched our first satellite Recovery Circle at the local halfway house, Longmont Community Treatment Center (LCTC), in an effort to provide recovery services to their residents who did not yet feel comfortable coming to the Café or were unable to do so due to the restrictions placed on them by LCTC.
Café bilingual/bicultural peer support specialists launched a Spanish language Recovery Circle, the first of its kind in the network of 57 Cafés. Due to acculturative stress and other reasons, this community often isolates itself from the majority culture, and issues of mental health and addiction can be unspoken or stigmatized. Offering Spanish language Recovery Circles provides a safe, familiar space to navigate difficult topics such as mental illness and substance use disorder.
Additional 2022 accomplishments include:
- Monthly Open Mic Nights and Fiesta Fridays
- Hiring a second bilingual/bicultural peer support specialist
- Hosting the first walk-in SMART Recovery support group in Boulder County
- Supporting two of our members to facilitate the first Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA) support group in Boulder County
- Twice monthly beginner yoga classes