Volunteering is a great way to be a part of Recovery Café!
Volunteers help hold the spirit of Recovery Café Longmont by nurturing a sense of loving community and a culture of recovery for everyone who comes through our doors. Opportunities abound for people who wish to share their time and gifts with the Recovery Café community. Click the links on the right of the page to sign-up for your desired shifts. Please note: only those who have attended New Volunteer Orientation and have completed the New Volunteer Application are able to sign-up for shifts.
- Café Cooks– Greatest need. Each cook prepares 15 nutritious meals at home, complete with an entreé and side. Instead of dessert, we ask for a healthy snack or fruit. We provide all serving utensils and plate ware.
Possible meal suggestions: Sandwich bar and chips, sloppy joes and salad, lasagna and mixed fruit bowl, enchilada casserole, beef or turkey chili with toppings, corn bread and green salad, soups or stews with bread and a side.
Commitment: Minimum one day per month.
- Ambassadors of Hospitality-– Greet and engage Members, facilitate Recovery Circles, and interact with our Members on a more personal basis.
Commitment: Minimum commitment of two 2-hour shifts per month for 4 months. There is additional training and education for this position.
- School for Recovery Teachers— Teach a class or activity or facilitate a support group. Topics include: fitness, art, mindfulness, recovery, mental health, or practical life skills.
Commitment: A minimum of 30 minutes per week or every other week.
- Committee Teams— Recovery Resource, Community Collaboration, Event planning, and Fundraising.
Commitment: Determined by committee needs.
- Youth— Youth groups may volunteer meal preparation or projects. Adult supervision and separate form required.
Want to learn more about becoming a Volunteer?
Fill out the form below with questions or concerns, or sign up for the New Volunteer Orientation on the right of the page. New Volunteer Orientations are held every 1st Saturday of the month at 10:00am, or by appointment.
Upon completion of the New Volunteer Orientation and New Volunteer Application, volunteers can sign up on the links to the right of this page.
Training manual documents available by request.