The School for Recovery gives Café members and non-members the chance to grow, heal, discover, take risks, and surprise themselves by doing and becoming what they never thought possible. Members of the Café can sign up for as many classes as they wish. Volunteers are also encouraged to take classes as a benefit of serving the Café. Volunteer Teachers are able to teach a topic of interest and craft their own schedule and frequency– whether it’s weekly or bi-weekly classes, or monthly or bi-annual workshops.
While the word “recovery” doesn’t appear in most of course titles, every single class is designed to provide support, wisdom, and companions for the hard work of making healthier choices as we live with whatever it is we are recovering from.
Participation in the School advances the recovery journey in a number of ways:
- Taking classes gives people meaningful things to do with their time and gets them out of their heads
- Offers them ways to build deeper relationships with people who are serious about recovery
- Provides mentors who are committed to their healing and growth
- Introduces them to new ideas and experiences that can take them on life-giving paths they’ve never imagined
- And most importantly, the School for Recovery is about letting yourself get passionate about something and diving into it in creative, healing ways
Coed Recovery Circle, 1:30-2:30pm
Multiple Recoveries Support Group, Pam P., 10:30am-12:00pm (Starting on July 21st, 2021)
Description: A support group for people in recovery from simultaneous challenges, such as addiction, mental health disorders, homelessness, domestic violence, and/or divorce. Participants will be asked to make a 12-week commitment. Please call 720-815-2885 to reserve a spot.
Crochet & More, Anne K., 1:15-2:15pm
Description: Learn the foundations of crochet and other yarn crafts. Materials are provided.
Rise Phoenix Rise, Traci J., 11:00am-12:00pm
Description: A support group that gives people living with mental health challenges the chance to interact with companion animals. Hosted by partner organization Rise Phoenix Rise.
Alcoholics Anonymous, 11:00am-12:00pm
Men’s Recovery Circle, 1:30-2:30pm
Women’s Recovery Circle, 1:30-2:30pm
Birthday Day, last Saturday of the month
Description: We celebrate Member milestones with cupcakes and praise.