The School for Recovery gives Café members and non-members the chance to grow, heal, discover, take risks, and surprise themselves by doing and becoming what they never thought possible. Members of the Café can sign up for as many classes as they wish. Volunteers are also encouraged to take classes as a benefit of serving the Café. Volunteer Teachers are able to teach a topic of interest and craft their own schedule and frequency– whether it’s weekly or bi-weekly classes, or monthly or bi-annual workshops.
While the word “recovery” doesn’t appear in most of course titles, every single class is designed to provide support, wisdom, and companions for the hard work of making healthier choices as we live with whatever it is we are recovering from.
Participation in the School advances the recovery journey in a number of ways:
- Taking classes gives people meaningful things to do with their time and gets them out of their heads
- Offers them ways to build deeper relationships with people who are serious about recovery
- Provides mentors who are committed to their healing and growth
- Introduces them to new ideas and experiences that can take them on life-giving paths they’ve never imagined
- And most importantly, the School for Recovery is about letting yourself get passionate about something and diving into it in creative, healing ways
All questions about the School can be directed to email@example.com.
Printable schedule available here.
Contemplative Crochet, Anne K., 1:30-2:15
Description: Learn the foundations of crochet and mindfulness. This class promises a calming environment that will help with stress reduction and self-esteem. A wonderful class for people who have trouble with anxiety and sitting still. Materials are provided.
Women’s 12-Step Yoga, Rachel Z., 4:15-5:00
Description: Explore the 12 Steps of Recovery; breathe, stretch, move, release tension; learn relaxation and meditation techniques; and share in a safe community of women in recovery. All levels are welcome and mats are provided.
Yoga for Recovery, Erica L., 11:00-11:45
Description: Practice breath and movement as Erica leads the group in body alignment, reintegration, and peace.
Alcoholics Anonymous, 11am
Monthly Member-suggested event
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer as a Teacher!