The School for Recovery gives Café members and non-members the chance to grow, heal, discover, take risks, and surprise themselves by doing and becoming what they never thought possible. Members of the Café can sign up for as many classes as they wish. Volunteers are also encouraged to take classes as a benefit of serving the Café. Volunteer Teachers are able to teach a topic of interest and craft their own schedule and frequency– whether it’s weekly or bi-weekly classes, or monthly or bi-annual workshops.
While the word “recovery” doesn’t appear in most of course titles, every single class is designed to provide support, wisdom, and companions for the hard work of making healthier choices as we live with whatever it is we are recovering from.
Participation in the School advances the recovery journey in a number of ways:
- Taking classes gives people meaningful things to do with their time and gets them out of their heads
- Offers them ways to build deeper relationships with people who are serious about recovery
- Provides mentors who are committed to their healing and growth
- Introduces them to new ideas and experiences that can take them on life-giving paths they’ve never imagined
- And most importantly, the School for Recovery is about letting yourself get passionate about something and diving into it in creative, healing ways
Recovery Café Longmont is reopening on February 2nd. Please check back soon for class updates.